CHART: link
MY PHOTOS: link
MY RATING: 5 stars without the ribbon
MATERIALS- It used two 8.7 yard skeins plus almost one yard of a third skein of DMC #890 ultra dark pistachio green floss. I didn't know how much to buy so bought three. The 14 count Aida fabric is called 'natural' and is by Charles Craft (DMC). I'm very disappointed in it because it's a bit yellowish, which isn't at all the color is was showing online. You can see it's yellowish in the photo of the close up of the wolf. It's very stiff and sturdy, which is how I prefer Aida. This design had an ugly bow on top and some ribbon or something on the bottom and I chose to leave both off. The finished size on 14 count Aida without the ribbon detail is just over 7.5" long by just under 7" wide. I used an 8"x10" black wood frame for this.
I used one black Mill Hill glass bead for the wolf's eye instead of a stitch. I think the bead is 2.5mm. Their petite beads are 2mm. The bead gets pushed upward when I frame it no matter how many times I fix it and I'm not happy about that but there's nothing I can do about it.
Price for three skeins of floss, fabric, and 8"x10" frame was only $11.00.





No comments:
Post a Comment