COPYRIGHT: 2014
MY PHOTOS: link
MY GRADE: 5 stars
MY GRADE: 5 stars
This is the first time I've ever bought just a pattern and all the supplies. The stitch count is 136x85. I used barely over two 8.7 yard skeins of DMC black #310 floss. I used Wichelt 'tropical orange' 14 ct Aida. Finished size is 10x6. I used a black 12x8 frame for it but would have preferred 11x7. The chart printing is of good quality and easy to read. Using all one color floss made it even easier than using multiple colors. The lines on the witch's dress used couching stitches but I didn't do them and it looks great without them. I wish I'd have done them just to see what they looked like. I'd already ironed the finished piece when I decided I should have at least tried them. I didn't do couching stitches on the lines under the bat either and it looks much better without them. I love love love the bristles on the broom.
I'm not sure but I think the witch is holdng a secpter with straw and a bat on it but I'm waiting to hear back from the artist, Elizabeth Talledo, for confirmation on that. EDIT- She said it's either a scepter or wand with ribbon underneath and that ribbon's hard to do on cross stitch. I'm guessing she meant for it to be a wand with ribbon.
Total cost for chart, fabric, floss and frame was $34.

No comments:
Post a Comment