CHART: link
MY RATING: 5 stars

MY RATING: 5 stars
This only took a couple days. I found this pattern a couple months ago on Pinterest. I think it came out of a magazine but I have no idea which one or who the artist is. The hat and parasol are Victorican but the shorter length of the dress isn't.
MATERIALS USED: I used just under one skein of DMC 224 very light shell pink but only because I chose to make the bottom part shorter by six rows so that this would fit in a 6"x8" picture frame. Without those six rows the finished size of this is almost 6 3/4"x3 1/2". With those six rows this would be 7 1/8" long. Turns out it would have fit just fine with those six rows. If you do all the rows at the bottom you'll need a tiny amount of floss from a second skein. The online stitch calculator said this would be 7 1/2" long, with means it would have been a tight fit in this 6x8 frame as the opening is just over 7 1/2". I used plain old black 14 count Aida by Charles Craft (DMC), just a piece of a huge piece. I used a few petite black glass beads from Mill Hill, just $1.64 for a huge pack.
Total cost: $8 for floss, frame, 1/3 of a piece of fabric.
See all of my photos here.


No comments:
Post a Comment