SIZE: just under 7"
MY IMAGES: link
MY RATING: 5 stars!
MATERIALS: I used part of a big piece of 14 count 'sand' colored Aida from Charles Craft (DMC). I used DMC 310 black floss and leftover white floss from a Dimensions cross stitch kit. This took one full 8.7 yard skein of DMC black 310 floss plus all but 2 and 2/3 yards of a second one. I don't know how much white floss this took but it wasn't much.
Online stitch calculators said the finished size of this would be 7.14" but that's wrong; it's just under 7" and fits beautifully in an 8" square frame. It will have about a 1/4" border. As you can see, mine is a little crooked but I'll fix it later. And there's a slight glare on the glass.
Total cost: $20 for frame, floss, pattern, fabric.
You can see all my images here.



No comments:
Post a Comment