Thursday, October 13, 2022

"BOO WITCH" CROSS STITCH CHART

MY PHOTOS AND CHART: link



MATERIALS: I used part of a large piece of oatmeal colored 14 count Aida from Charles Craft. I used the DMC floss the chart called for except the brown, which I already had leftover from a Dimensions kit. I used all but a 26" strand of yellow floss for the moon from one skein. I'm not sure how much black it used. I started with a skein that only a little had been used from and needed a little from a second skein, so I'd say this used at least one whole 8.7 yard skein.

I found this on Pinterest and there were no instructions. I don't know the name of this so I'm calling it "Boo Witch." The chart is slightly blurry and it's worse once printed out. It was impossible for me to read most of the chart for the moon so almost all of it was pure guesswork. Luckily it turned out alright. It took me awhile to start framing the moon since I had to figure out what to do as I went along. Unless I'm misreading the chart, they've made a mistake; they say the color orange on the chart represents the color yellow and that yellow represents orange. I did orange pumpkins and a yellow moon. I left the outlining off the broomstick because it just didn't look right to me.

The stitch count indicated the finished size of his should have been just over 8 1/2" by just over 7" but it was actually just under 8 1/2" by just under 7".

Total cost: About $7.50 for orange and yellow floss, part of a piece of Aida and frame.


No comments:

Post a Comment