CHART: link
FINISHED SIZE: 5" W x 4 3/4" L
MY IMAGES: link
MY IMAGES: link
I found this chart online in June 2022 and knew I had to make it. I think it's just beautiful. It's not quite circular, being 5"x4 3/4. The chart is slightly blurry and worse when printed out. I put off making this because I couldn't see the detailing on the bird. I finally went ahead and made it, leaving the bird until last. I had to reach out to people online to help me with it. With some of their advice in mind, I finished the bird and I think it looks OK. I'm not disappointed with it. I used a white French knot for the eye since I couldn't tell what they'd done with it on the chart. This took me an entire day to complete.
MATERIALS: I used a 9" square piece of 14 count Aida by Charles and Craft in color 'natural.' I used maybe half of one skein of DMC 315 medium antique mauve. The design called for 3726 dark antique mauve. I used a 6" square frame.
TOTAL COST: About $13. The chart was free online, floss was 60 cents, part of a huge piece of Aida was about $2, and solid wood/real glass 6"x6" frame was $10.




No comments:
Post a Comment